The beginning..

The beginning..
All dressed up and no where to go.

Welcome to my world of little furniture designs.

A journey into the OOAK designs for the 1-6 scale fashion diva and collectors. I have always been a crafter and I have used my knowledge of power tools and paint to create eclectic furniture and dioramas.







Saturday, February 9, 2013

I admit it, I play with dolls.

I am not too proud to admit, I am an adult that plays with fashion dolls. We all are, if you think about it. We pick the right dress for the pictures, and build the perfect room with all the right furniture. We stage every scene to tell a story. I have thought about that alot tonight (I know you are all wondering why this is my blog post for tonight. I talked to my friend and owner of Sweet Pickin's tonight. She told me a lady came in to the shop and was looking at my furniture. She looked for a long time and then told my friend she did not have a Barbie as a child. She didn't even have a doll. Her family was poor and she just never had things like that and my furniture made her want to go out and buy a Barbie. Had I been there, I would have probably given her a doll. That really tugged at my heart strings. I guess I take so many things for granted...I assumed every little girl growing up had a Barbie. Lets just all hope kids today have that very special toy that will be remembered for years to come...whether its a Barbie, an Elmo,a roaring dinosaur or a talking Woodie and Buzz Lightyear. It's not about the toy, it is about the chance to be a kid. Have a great week. Yay, I finished my 'Beach House". Pictures tomorrow. Night all.

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: I agree with you. It is very sad that children grow up without toys. I think the dolls are necessary to mature. I'm looking forward to seeing your beach house. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete