The beginning..

The beginning..
All dressed up and no where to go.

Welcome to my world of little furniture designs.

A journey into the OOAK designs for the 1-6 scale fashion diva and collectors. I have always been a crafter and I have used my knowledge of power tools and paint to create eclectic furniture and dioramas.







Saturday, September 15, 2012

The STAR bedroom...finally

Finally, I have finished the "Star" of the show bedroom. I assembled all the needed materials and started over a month ago. Today I finished. My real job gets in the way of my little furniture creations. The doll I used in the setting was my first effort at restyling hair. She was a disturbing site when I rescued her from Goodwill. Her hair was curly and matted and oh yes,had the remnants of a sucker stick stuck in it. She was only 50cents and I had been wanting to try my hand at hair styling...so what was 50cents? After a good scrubbing, all over and removal of the sucker stick, I went to work. I boiled water in the microwave and dipped her, all of her in the hot water (ouch!). I then poured hot water over her head, relaxing the curls and started to comb. After a trim and a razor cut, I think she looks cute. The cowhide is a poly blend fabric I found at Hobby Lobby. I fused 2 pieces together, trimmed it to look like a cowhide and I think it looks good. The furniture pieces are made from lumber scraps. Some pine, some birch etc...but faux finishing made it all look like weathered pine. Be sure and check out my Flickr stream for all the Southwest room pics. I also now have a page on Facebook. I am in my "happy place". Never lose your inner child.

No comments:

Post a Comment