The beginning..

The beginning..
All dressed up and no where to go.

Welcome to my world of little furniture designs.

A journey into the OOAK designs for the 1-6 scale fashion diva and collectors. I have always been a crafter and I have used my knowledge of power tools and paint to create eclectic furniture and dioramas.







Sunday, July 15, 2012

I hope everyone had a safe and fun filled fourth of July. Needless to say, this has been a busy summer and until a few weeks ago, I put everything Barbie on the "back burner", but I have really missed the ol' girl and I am back in full swing. Linda ( my friend and co-worker) told me I am a happier person when I create. I guess it is just in my blood. My grandmother was like that. She could do anything. Her flower gardens were masterpieces. Our local newspaper, even before color newspaper print, ran pictures each year of her flower gardens. She had vegetable gardens, fruit trees, canned, painted, sewed and the list goes on and on.  I am very much like her, and I say that with so much pride.   When I am digging in my flowers, using my table saw or my sewing machine, I have to smile when I think of her looking down at me saying , that's my girl. 

Now, I must admit I have a great deal of respect for my table saw...I know what it can do. I have become more comfortable with it under the watchful eye of my husband, Mike. He thinks I don't see him, but I know he watches me when I use it. He has helped me tremendously. The "fireplace" pictured in the Christmas room was all mine. After each cut, I showed Mike my work and patted myself on the back. My brother has been very supportive, also. He hooked me up with my lumber connection.  I have 2 more rooms in the final stages of completion and they should be posted soon until then, I will keep crafting. I am really having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment